Patrick Mahomes II is an American football player. He began his football career as a quarterback at ‘Texas Tech University’ and later joined the ‘Kansas City Chiefs’ in the ‘NFL’ after being drafted in the 2017 ‘NFL Draft.’ In the 2018 ‘NFL’ season, Mahomes achieved the remarkable feat of throwing 50 touchdown passes in a single season, making him the third player in ‘NFL’ history to do so. His exceptional performance earned him accolades such as being named to the ‘First Team All-Pro’ and the ‘AFC–NFC Pro Bowl’ all-star game. Additionally, he received the ‘AFC Offensive Player of the Year’ award at the ‘101 Awards’ in the same year.
Born: September 17, 1995, Tyler, Texas, USA
Birth name: Patrick Lavon Mahomes II
Height: 6′ 2″ (1.88 m)
Patrick Lavon Mahomes II, the son of former Major League Baseball pitcher Patrick “Pat” Mahomes Sr. and event planner Randi Martin Mahomes, was born in Tyler, Texas, on September 17, 1995. Throughout Pat’s 11-year professional baseball career, the family frequently lived in apartments and hotels in the places where he played because he played for multiple MLB teams. The biracial younger Mahomes has stated that he is “proud to be Black” as well as “proud to have a white mom, too.”
In terms of Patrick Mahomes’ personal life, he started dating Brittany Matthews, a certified personal trainer, in 2012 when he was a sophomore at Whitehouse High School. Despite attending different colleges – Mahomes at Texas Tech and Matthews playing soccer for the University of Texas – the couple remained together. In September 2020, on the same day he received his Super Bowl LIV Champion ring, Mahomes proposed to Matthews at Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City, Missouri.
A few weeks later, the couple shared the news that Brittany Matthews was expecting their first child, a daughter, which they announced on social media. Their daughter, named Sterling Skye, was born on February 20, 2021.
Patrick Mahomes earns a $40 million salary and has a net worth of $70 million. He is currently one of the highest-paid athletes in the world. Patrick steered the Chiefs to their first championship since 1969 in 2020. In 2023, he helped the club win another Super Bowl.
- Most Valuable Player (2022)
- Super Bowl (2020)
- Most Valuable Player (2018)
- 1 NFL Most Valuable Player award (2018)
- 1 Super Bowl Most Valuable Player award (2020)
- 1 Super Bowl championship (2020)
- 1 All-Pro selection (2018)
- 3 Pro Bowl selections
- Associated Press NFL Offensive Player of the Year (2018)
- 2018 Bert Bell Award (2018)
- Mahomes’ younger brother, Jackson, is a popular figure on TikTok.
- Mahomes loves ketchup, often use it to enhance the flavor of various dishes like turkey and ham.
- Athleticism runs in his family as his father was a professional baseball pitcher who played for multiple teams.
- Alex Rodriguez, the former New York Yankees player, once suggested to Mahomes that he should consider playing baseball, citing a “no future” in football.
- During his rookie season in 2017, Mahomes was subjected to an armed robbery after attending a baseball game in Texas with his girlfriend and friends. Although no one was harmed, he had his wallet stolen, and the culprit was later sentenced to 12 years in prison.