American professional basketball player LeBron James is widely regarded as one of the best NBA players of all time. Although he experienced difficulties as a child, he showed extraordinary potential at a young age. He was a key contributor to his team’s success in helping St. Vincent-St. Mary High School win two straight Division III State Championships as a freshman. He garnered national acclaim for his exceptional basketball skills, and he also excelled in football, receiving All-state recognition. The Cleveland Cavaliers selected him with the first overall pick in the NBA Draft. LeBron James holds the distinction of becoming the youngest player in NBA history to both win the Rookie of the Year award and score 40 points in a single game. Being placed as a point guard, shooting guard, and small forward earned him widespread accolades for his versatility.
LeBron James is highly acclaimed and one of the greatest basketball player of all time. He earned $1 billion in 2021, making him the first NBA player still actively playing. In 2023, he passed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the NBA’s all-time leading scorer.
Born: December 30, 1984 · Akron, Ohio, USA
Birth name: LeBron Raymone James
Nicknames: King James, LBJ, The Akron Hammer
Height: 6′ 7¼″ (2.01 m)
James was born in Akron, Ohio to Gloria James, his mother, and his father, Anthony McClelland, who wasn’t a part of James’ life. He doesn’t have any brothers or sisters. He married his high school sweetheart, Savannah Brinson, and they have three children. He has a daughter named Zhuri, two sons with the names Bronny and Bryce.
LeBron James has a net worth of $600 million. Currently, he ranks as the third-highest paid player in the NBA, solely based on his salary.
Outside of sports, LeBron is one of the highest-earning and most powerful celebrities globally. He makes more than $60-90 million each year from endorsements and has a whopping $1 billion lifetime contract with Nike. He’s used his fame and wealth to create a successful business empire, investing in many new businesses. He also owns a piece of famous sports teams like Liverpool F.C., New England Patriots, A.C. Milan, Boston Red Sox, RFK Racing, and the Pittsburgh Penguins.
Debut: International- 2004
# 6 (USA)
# 23 (Cleveland Cavaliers)
# 6 (Miami Heat)
Cleveland Cavaliers (2003-2010)
Miami Heat (2010-2014)
Current Team: Cleveland Cavaliers (2014- present)
- Twelve times All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008–2018)
- Three times NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008, 2018)
- Fourteen times NBA All-Stars (2005–2018)
- Three times Ohio Mr. Basketball (2001–2003)
- USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year (2012)
- Four times NBA Most Valuable Player (2009, 2010, 2012, 2013)
- Five times NBA All-Defensive First Team (2009–2013)
- NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2014)
- Two times Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year (2012, 2016)
- Two times AP Athlete of the Year (2013, 2016)
- Two times All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
- Three times NBA Finals MVP (2012, 2013, 2016)
- Three times NBA champion (2012, 2013, 2016)
- McDonald’s All-American Game MVP (2003)
- Naismith Prep Player of the Year (2003)
- Two times Mr. Basketball USA (2002, 2003)
- NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
- NBA scoring champion (2008)
- J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award (2017)
- James has played a lead role in Space Jam 2, a sequel to the 1990s classic starring Michael Jordan.
- James is one of the 40 richest entrepreneurs under the age of 40, according to Forbes.
- Over half of LeBron’s career field goal attempts have been successful.
- James became the first African-American to appear on the Vogue cover page, which some people found disrespectful.
- James can use both hands. With his right hand, he shoots and makes layups while using his left to write and eat.
- James won the Rookie of the Year Award during the 2003–04 season, making him the first Cavalier and the youngest player (at age 20).