- Mumbai Indians won their 5th IPL title
- Rohit Sharma reaches multiple milestones after Match 60 of IPL 2020
- After IPL 2020 Final, tournament awards were handed out, check the full list
Mumbai Indias’ skipper Rohit Sharma, yet again, proved he is the man of the hour as he smashed 68 from 51 balls in the IPL 2020 Final against Delhi Capitals at Dubai International Stadium and helped his side lift the IPL trophy for the 5th time and 2nd time in a row.
Chasing a modest target of 157 runs, MI hit it hard from the very first over as Rohit Sharma hit a six on the 3rd ball of the first over, playing an inning of a captain hitting 5 boundaries and 6 sixes to score 68 runs making sure his team crosses the line with 5 wickets in hand to clinch the IPL title for the 5th time, a feat which has never happened before.
Additionally, getting hands on the IPL titles for the 5th time with Mumbai Indians cements Rohit’s title of Number One player-cum-leader in the IPL tournament. He was also picked as the Gamechanger of the match for his half-century and outstanding captaincy.
List Of Mumbai Indian’ IPL Trophy Wins
- 2013 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 23 runs in final
- 2015 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs in final
- 2017 – Mumbai Indians beat Rising Pune Supergiants by 1 run in final
- 2019 – Mumbai Indians beat Chennai Super Kings by 1 run in final
- 2020 – Mumbai Indians beat Delhi Capitals by five wickets in final
In DC inning, Trent Boult decimated the batting side with 3 for 30 spells with an excellent display of fast bowling, but Delhi Capitals’ skipper Shreyas Iyer’s unbeaten fifty helped Delhi Capitals to reach a decent and respectable score of 156 for a loss seven wickets after the defending champions had them in all sorts of trouble in the summit showdown of the 13th season of the Indian Premier League.
However, MI made the target look too easy as other than Rohit, Quinton de Kock (20), Suryakumar Yadav (19) and Ishan Kishan (33*) also contributed with bat to help Mumbai’s cause.
List of IPL Winners
|Chennai Super Kings||2010|
|Chennai Super Kings||2011|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||2012|
|Kolkata Knight Riders||2014|
|Chennai Super Kings||2018|
Also Read: IPL 2020 Final: Mumbai Indians To Face Delhi Capitals, Rohita Sharma Can Reach 3 Milestones
Milestones Achieved By Rohit Sharma In IPL 2020 Final
- Rohit continued his record as MI skipper as Mumbai Indians have never lost an IPL final under his captaincy
- Rohit Sharma is the only captain to score 2 fifties in IPL finals. Before Tuesday’s IPL 2020 Final, Rohit had scored a half century (26 balls) against Chennai Super Kings in Kolkata, in IPL 2015.
- Rohit also achieved another milestone as he completed 4,000 runs for MI.
- Rohit also scored 3000 runs in IPL as a captain.
- In IPL 2020 Final, Rohit also became the second player to make 200 appearances in the tournament after MS Dhoni.
- Rohit Sharma is the only player to have won 6 IPL trophies, as he won 5 titles with Mumbai Indians and won 1 IPL title for the now-defunct Deccan Chargers back in 2009.
List Of IPL 2020 Award Winners
Most Valuable Player: Jofra Archer (20 wickets, 175 dots, five catches and 10 sixes)
Orange Cap: KL Rahul (Runs: 670, Average: 55.83, Strike-Rate 129.34, 58 fours, 23 sixes)
Purple Cap: Kagiso Rabada (30 wickets, Economy rate 8.34, Average: 18.26, Strike Rate: 13.13)
‘Powerplayer’ Of The Season: Trent Boult (25 wickets, in Powerplay: 16)
Most Sixes: Ishan Kishan (30)
Super-striker Of The Season: Kieron Pollard (Strike rate – 191.42)
Game-changer Of The Season: KL Rahul (976 IPL Fantasy Points)
IPL 2020 Fairplay Award: Mumbai Indians
Emerging Player Award: Devdutt Padikkal (15 matches, 473 runs, five half-centuries)