- Juventus defeats AC Milan 3-1 in Serie A match
- Paulo Dybala shut his critics with his stellar performance in the match which includes 2 assists
- Earlier, former Italian forward Antonio Cassano said Dybala “Shi*ts himself” when put under pressure
- Federico Chiesa scored 2 goals in the match
The 27 year old Argentine Paulo Dybala has shut his critics in the match against AC Mila in Serie A as he put out a stellar performance with 2 assists winning the match 3-1. Federico Chiesa made it three goals in two Serie A games, however, was forced out of the field as he picked up an injury.
Former Italian footballer Antonio Cassano slammed Paulo Dybala saying, “I have the feeling that, when they put pressure on him, he sh*ts himself!”, but Dybala replied him and all others in the best way possible.
Also, the star of the match was the 23 year old Italian Federico Chiesa scored 2 brilliant goals as Juventus ended AC Milan’s unbeaten start of the current season and also managed to clinch a crucial 3-1 victory which helps them climb up to the fourth in the table.
Juventus, led by Andrea Pirlo, produced a scintillating attacking display and became the first team to be able to beat leaders A C Milan in the league in 28 matches and managed to do so without their leading goal scorer this season, Alvaro Morata.
Paulo Dybala assisted Ably on both the occasions and Chiesa displayed strong finishes in both the halves of the game.
Initially, Milan’s attack put pressure on Juventus goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny who has been in splendour form before Davide Calabria found the net.
Juventus managed to add the 3rd goal through substitute Weston McKennie, who will hope this acts as a turning point in his tumultuous season who has played with the guile and poise they have lacked for so much of it.
On the other hand, Milan will reflect on a missed opportunity to extend their lead at the top to four points after Inter lost to Sampdoria.
— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) January 6, 2021
Juventus lineup overwhelmed Milan from the start and Paulo Dybala tested Gianluigi Donnarumma from six yards before Chiesa crashed a thunderous shot onto the post.
With 18 minutes into the game, the Old Lady’s superb start paid off and with Dybala’s smart back-heel sending Chiesa into the area and the Fiorentina loanee sent a low shot bouncing into the far corner of Donnarumma’s net with 12 yards shot.
And just after the hour mark, Chiesa hit Milan again, and it was Dybala again, picking him out on the edge of the box where he bent a superb left-footed shot into the far corner of the net.
Soon after the goal Chiesa was forced out of the field with an injury and was replaced by McKennie, who swept home Juventus’ third in the 76th minute of the game.
With this win, Juventus extends its winning streak to 3 from the last 4 matches in Serie A.
Having ended the game with a loss, AC Milan would be more bumped with the fact that they could have been ahead at the half-time mark if only Leao made more of the clear-cut chances that fell to his feet and, despite his assist for Calabria’s goal, all he would recall from this game would be the three unsuccessful shots at goal he took.
Let us look at some of the stats of this season from Serie A:
- Juventus have won 14 of their last 16 Serie A games against AC Milan, lost 2.
- AC Milan are enjoying the third-longest streak of Serie A consecutive matches with a goal: 36. In the history of the competition, the only two longer streaks have both been by Juventus: 43 in 2014 and 44 in 2017.
- Federico Chiesa has been involved in six Serie A goals against AC Milan (3 goals, 3 assists).
- Prior to Wednesday, the last time a player twice assisted the same Juve team-mate was in February 2018 against Sassuolo (Federico Bernardeschi to Gonzalo Higuain).