Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese professional soccer player currently with Al Nassr in the Saudi Professional League, is widely recognized as one of the sport’s greatest legends. He is widely regarded as one of the sport’s all-time greats, and he continues to perform at a high level even as one of the more senior players in the sport. Ronaldo’s impressive goal-scoring record dates back to his senior debut in 2002. At the time of writing, he boasts an incredible 713 goals in 967 appearances across all club competitions throughout his career. Additionally, Ronaldo has notched 122 international goals in 198 matches representing the Portuguese national team.
Ronaldo is also one of the highest goal scorer in international football history, widely regarded as one of the best footballers of all time, and is frequently compared to fellow football legend Lionel Messi. In this article, we will look into Cristiano Ronaldo’s various aspect of his life.
Born: February 5, 1985 in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Birth name: Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro
Nicknames: Cris, Ron, Ronnie, The Sultan Of The Stepover, CR7, Cristiano
Height: 6′ 0¾″ (1.85 m)
In addition to his excellent football skills, Ronaldo has turned into a major marketing icon, with numerous endorsement agreements with various brands. Notably, in 2016, he signed a lifetime contract with Nike worth a whopping $1 billion.
He has also signed deals with Clear, LiveScore, the FIFA video game, Pro Evolution Soccer, Theragun, and a number of other companies. Ronaldo’s earnings off the pitch now much outnumber his earnings on it, thanks to his lucrative sponsorship deals.
His net worth is expected to be around $500 million as of 2023, making him one of the highest paid athlete in the world as per Forbes in 2023. He earns a base salary of $40 million each year, with an additional $30 million through endorsements.
Cristiano Ronaldo is a widely recognised footballer and personality in the sport. He was born in Portugal on February 5, 1985, to Jose Dinis Aveiro, a horticulturist in the township. In addition to his parents, Ronaldo has a brother and two sisters, and he is the oldest of his siblings. His mother’s name was Eva Maria Dos Santos, and she used to cook in other people’s homes.
Cristiano Ronaldo’s journey began in a humble family with limited resources. He discovered his passion for football at a tender age, and his talent quickly became evident. Remarkably, at just 18 years old, he earned a spot on the international football squad, a testament to his prodigious skills.
Since then, Cristiano Ronaldo has risen to become the most renowned footballer globally, achieving the status of both the highest-paid footballer in the world and in the history of the sport. Notably, his success extends beyond the football pitch.
In his personal life, Ronaldo is a father to five children. His relationship with Russian model Irina Shayk came to an end in January 2015. At present, he is in a relationship with Spanish model Georgina Rodriguez.
His family relocated to Saudi Arabia in 2023, and Ronaldo put his Manchester property for sale for $6.6 million. They lived in a skyscraper hotel in Riyadh for $300,000 per month before finding a place to live. His $21.6 million Portugal megamansion includes an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, as well as a garage that can house up to 30 supercars, and is where he intends to retire after his football career is over.
Moreover, Cristiano Ronaldo is well-regarded for his philanthropic endeavors. Throughout his career, he has provided support to numerous charitable organizations, including contributions to aid efforts in the aftermath of natural disasters. Notably, he serves as the Global Artist Ambassador for Save the Children. In recognition of his substantial contributions, he was honored as the world’s most charitable sportsperson in 2015, having generously donated over $6 million to the Nepal earthquake relief effort, which tragically claimed the lives of over 8,000 people.
Debut: 20 August, 2003, against Kazakhstan
• Andorinha (1992–1995)
• Nacional (1995–1997)
• Sporting C.P. Youth Academy (1997–2002)
• Sporting CP B (2002–2003)
• Sporting CP (2002–2003)
• Manchester United (2003-2009) (2021-2022)
• Real Madrid (2009-2018)
• Juventus (2018–2021)
• Al Nassr (2023-2025)
- In 2003-2004, he received the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year award.
- In 2007-2008, he was honored with the FIFA Ballon d’Or.
- In 2008, he became the World Soccer Player of the Year.
- In 2010-2011, he was awarded the European Golden Shoe.
- In 2012-2013, Cristiano Ronaldo was named the Most Valuable Player by Liga de Futbol Professional.
- In 2013-2014, he received multiple accolades, including La Liga’s Best Individual Goal, Best Forward, UEFA’s Best Player, the Golden Shoe, and La Liga’s Top Scorer.
- On August 31, 2021, he broke the men’s scoring record by netting two goals for Portugal against Ireland.
Awards & Achievements:
- Premier League Champion: 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
- FA Cup Winner: 2003-04
- EFL Cup Winner: 2005-06, 2008-09
- UEFA Champions League Winner: 2007-08, 2013-14, 2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18
- FIFA Club World Cup Champion: 2008, 2014, 2017, 2018
- La Liga Champion: 2011-12, 2016-17
- Copa del Rey Winner: 2010-11, 2013-14
- UEFA Super Cup Winner: 2014, 2017
- Serie A Champion: 2018-19, 2019-20
- Euro 2016 Winner
- 2019 UEFA Nations League Champion
- 2008 FIFA World Player of the Year
- Premier League Golden Boot: 2008
- Premier League Player of the Season: 2006-07, 2007-08
- European Golden Shoe: 2008, 2015, 2018, 2019
- Ballon d’Or Winner: 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017